ISO, which is also known as International Organization for Standardization, is independent, non-governmental internal organizations that mainly develop standards to ensure quality, safety and the efficiency of the products, services as well as systems.
What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 can be defined as the world’s first international standard, which deals with health and safety. This standard follows the same high-level structure, and therefore it can make implementing more than one standard easier than the organization.
How to make your transition from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001?
If you want to make your transition from OHSAS 18001to ISO 45001, you need to follow some easy and simple steps. Here are the steps in the ISO 45001 transition for having to the new standard-
- At first, define the context of the organization and list all the interested parties.
- Now, reviews the scope of the OH& SMS demonstrate leadership.
- Align the OH&S objectives with the company’s strategy and assess the risk and the opportunities.
- Identify and then evaluate the OH&S hazards and determine compliance obligation.
- Control the documented information, and this new version requires better control of processes, including criteria and also implementing controls providing access to the criteria.
- You need to evaluate your performance and emphasizing the importance of measurement and the reporting regarding the above evaluation of performance.
If you can make your OHSAS 18001 transition to iso 45001 transition, you can enjoy many benefits provided by its new version which you can’t get anywhere else.